A detox bath can help cleanse the body, relax the mind, and give support to various systems of the body.
There are different types of detox baths that you can take, each with its own goal and benefits. Some are classics, but other baths may delight and surprise you. All recipes call for warm bath water and soaking 30-45 minutes.
1. Sea Salt Detox Bath – A salt bath is a classic used for millenia to help people relax. The salt itself can help pull toxins out of the body and provide extra benefits to your skin. This recipe uses sea salt, so you are getting all-natural salt and not the kind that is iodised and sold in bulk. Some of the reported benefits from taking this bath include having more energy at the start of the day, eliminating the need of a caffeine jolt, and just feeling better throughout the day.
1/3 C Epsom salt
1/3 C sea salt
1/3 C baking soda or 1 C apple cider vinegar
2 1/2 t ground ginger
a few drops of essential oil
2. Essential Oils Detox Bath – You can turn a bath into a sensory experiencejust by adding some essential oils. You can be very strategic with this preparationand include oils based on what your problem du jour is. Let’s say you’re having a long day and you feel totally fatigued. The essential oil for that ispeppermint. Iist all mapped out for you, whether you’re feeling stressed, depressed, worn out, orhaving a headache. This iscustomized detoxing in a tub!
Handful of epsom salts
Half cup of baking soda
10 drops of essential oil
Lavender – Calming
Grapefruit – Uplifting
Peppermint – Fatigue
Cedarwood – Depression
Chamomile & Rosemary – Headache
3. Hydrogen Peroxide Detox Bath – Also referred to as an oxygen detox bath,hydrogen peroxide gives it plenty of healing properties. For starters it helps your body get rid of toxins. It is also antibacterial and antiviral, which makes it a great bath to take if you’ve been around a large group of people, ortraveled by bus, train, or plane that day, or otherwise have been subjected to a context withplenty of chance of getting germy. The recommended soaking time is a half hour, so enjoy and don’t forget to calm the mind while you’re in there.
Run a hot bath. It opens pores and prepares body for cleansing.
3 pints of hydrogen peroxide (3%).
2 ounces of ground ginger, a natural anti-inflammatory that increases blood circulation and helps promote the elimination of toxins through sweat.
4. Ginger Detox Bath – Ginger is a root that has plenty of healthy properties when you eat it, but it can also be used in other ways to help the body,hence, theginger bath. You can use different forms of it, gratingfresh gingerinto the bath or sprinkling in some ginger powder. The author of the recipe says that it’s a way to get the body to sweat a lot more and get an extra amount of toxins out, similar to taking a sauna or sitting in a steam room. They say it led to feelings of increased energy, feeling cleaner, and kicking the symptoms of an oncoming cold.
½ cup of fresh grated ginger
Pour warm bath and add ginger then soak 30 minutes.
5. Bath Soda Detox – Did you know that common baking soda, the kind you might keep in your fridge to absorb the odors, can also be used as a detoxing device? That’s right, just by adding this to a bath you are giving it healthful properties. This bath can help you de-stress. It’s important to look at stress as a toxic condition, and to look at ways of relaxing as a way to detox the body. Thisis sodium bicarbonate, and it’s great for neutralizing the chlorinein most city water sources. It’s hard to detox in a bath that is full of a toxic chemical, so this is agood filter thatmakes it naturally more pure.
1 cup of Epsom Salt
2 cups of Baking Soda
6. Epsom Salt Detox – Epsom salts are great to have around the house because they have many uses when it comes to your health. One of those is to put them in the bath with you so that it is drawing out toxins while you are relaxing in a hot bath. Epsom salt is said to be able to help with the circulatory system as well as improving nerve functions. Taking a regular Epsom salt bath is an easy way to improve your health and well-being. This is an easy step by step on how to draw a bath relying mostly on Epsom
5-10 essential oil drops
2 cups of Epson Salt
1 cup of baking soda (if your bath is not filtered)
7. Apple Cider Vinegar Detox Bath – If you’re not familiar with the benefits of apple cider vinegar, you can now take time to learn about what it can do for you, taken internally, and used externally to treat a number of conditions. Here it is in a detox bath to help with conditions like arthritis and gout, as well as anything else caused by inflammation. This is a good bath to take if you feel you need to sweat the toxins out. It is also a good aid to help you get to sleep without lying awake with a wandering mind.
1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar